Friday, January 14, 2011

Hair and coloring

I will give you 10 seconds to guess who this girl is..



That my friends, is the lovely Emma Stone.

Would you have guessed it was her? I didn't recognize her at all. I loved her fiery red hair, but I must say, blonde isn't that bad. 

Since we're on the topic of hair color, I want to talk about nasty regrowth on colored hair. I've been itching to dye my hair back to a lighter color but having to deal with regrowth makes me think otherwise. We spend so much on getting that nice expensive hair coloring job at the salon, only to be bothered by the roots that show up after a few months. We think, why didn't God gives us blond/brunette/black or whatever hair color we desired instead. Which brings me to Ombre Hair color, one of the rising hair trends right now. It's basically where the hair color gradually goes from one tone to another. Many people criticize it for looking like a bad regrowth or that it looks sloppy and unkempt, but i personally think it's badass and ruggedly appealing. I feel like it looks better on long hair, although Alexa Chung pulls it off effortlessly. Other celebs like Whitney Port, Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson, Megan Fox, and Drew Barrymore have all been seen sporting this look. This look is also a much lower maintenance than most unnatural hair colors. Also, the look is very versatile, you can go dramatic with jet black roots gradually changing to california beach blonde. Or more subtle with chocolate-y brown roots with caramel highlights. Yummy! Having dark roots is continuing to be a huge trend this season, and even if you're not digging the look, you gotta admit it's a nice money-saving beauty development, with no need to shell out the moolah for root touchups every few months.



i plan on getting this done on me :)
 What do you think? Would you give it a go?




1 comment:

  1. I have been swaying over whether or not to do this for two months and today finally bought some stuff, i'm gonna give it a go at home!
    I'll be posting how it goes on www.guilty--pleasures.blogspot.com !
    Cheers,
    L x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!